To choose proper dredgers and reasonably arrange the construction, it is necessary to confirm the soil quality and classify them, which is the main evidence of confirming production efficiency and calculating the cost. So, at the beginning of dredging, we should have a deep exploration of the soil. And the exploration and accumulation of basic soil information are meaningful long-term work, which needs pertinence. When dredging, we need detailed engineering geology instruction, borehole layout, engineering geology section, soil experiment report, and other basic data.
The soil can be classified as organic soil, peat, mud, clay, silty soil, and gravelly soil. etc. Soil density and dredging performance will influence efficiency and cost. The soil determines the dredging difficulty level. Even the same soil has different shearing resistance in disparate areas. Consequently, the soil determines the dredger, digger, and ways of dredging. The premise of getting a better economic effect is to choose a proper construction scheme according to soil quality.
- When the soil is relatively solid and not easy to cut and the dredging quantity is less than the amount transported by water, we need to adjust the traverse speed, the depth of the cutter, and the spud moving distance to improve the cutting effect.
- When the excavation section of the soil layer is much too dense and the reamer is difficult to cut the soil layer, this will be easy to intensify the wear of dredging equipment and make the operation of equipment out of order. So we should be timely adjust the construction methods and processes.
- If the particles of excavated soil are relatively large, it will cause serious wear of the mud pump and suction and discharge pipeline, transport difficulties. Except for adjusting the reamer excavation parameters, we should promptly replace the reamer suitable for excavation of this type of soil.
- When excavating soft soil, pile leakage will be easily caused due to insufficient soil support. Consideration must be given to the way of dropping spud and dropping height, and the depth of the steel pile beneath the mud should be reasonably controlled to avoid pile slipping.
- The anchor transverse tension is related to the soil quality outside the excavation slot. When the soil quality is softer, we can obtain a larger holding power, and otherwise, it will be easy to miss the anchor, increasing the time of construction of auxiliary operations.
- The clay is easy to paste on the reamer, and not easy to clean with a lower utilization rate, causing difficulties in construction. Therefore, we should choose the appropriate reamer to excavate the clay.