- Early warning fire-fighting equipment
In the key parts of the ship according to the environment to install temperature or smoke detector, sound-light alarm device, such as the ship engine room, fixed carbon dioxide room, paint room, oil distributor room, battery room, kitchen, accommodation, etc. Manual alarm devices should be installed in all parts of the ship so that crew members can quickly warn other crew members when they find a fire. All alarm devices can be activated after the bridge and monitoring room to show specific parts, in order to quickly determine the location of the fire, to take the correct measures.
- Fire fighting equipment
- Fixed carbon dioxide fire extinguishing system: the most critical self-rescue equipment of the ship is the fixed carbon dioxide fire extinguishing system.The correct use and operation of the carbon dioxide fire extinguishing system plays a leading role in the fire fighting of the ship.
- Mobile fire extinguishing equipment: such as boat fire extinguisher, foam back bucket and other fire extinguishers. When the fire is in the initial stage, the use of mobile fire extinguishing equipment can quickly eliminate the fire in the bud, causing less damage to the ship equipment.
- Water fire extinguishing system: the ship’s water fire extinguishing system is often used for external cooling during deck fire or engine room fire.
- Other auxiliary fire fightingequipment: auxiliary equipment mainly includes firefighter equipment, Emergency Escape Breathing Device (EEBD), etc. Fireman’s equipment is an important auxiliary equipment for detecting the ignition point and determining the cause of fire. The function of EEBD is to provide compressed air for personnel to breathe after fire occurs, and to distinguish escape direction by blocking external smoke.