- Daily maintenance and inspection of early-warning fire equipment.
The ship fire alarm device shall be inspected by a special person at least once a month for full coverage and shall be recorded, and the failed equipment shall be replaced in time.
- Inspection of stationary carbon dioxide systems.
The ship’s fixed carbon dioxide system is the “killer” of ship self-rescue, in the daily maintenance process, at least the following points need to be done:
- The carbon dioxide key is in a box with a glass mask near the door, free of rust;
- Watertight door handle of carbon dioxide should be flexible, easy to open in an emergency;
- Carbon dioxide room lighting to be normal and effective, including normal lighting and emergency lighting;
- The emergency manual wrench for releasing the gas cylinder shall be placed in a conspicuous and fixed position;
- All safety pins of carbon dioxide cylinders are pulled out to ensure that the cylinder head valve is opened smoothly during automatic release;
- The steel wire zipper, the control valve of the bottle head valve, steel cylinder knife handle and the connection between them is normal and effective;
- Sufficient cylinder pressure for automatic release;
- The fire suppression area to which the carbon dioxide cylinder leads is clear and easy to see;
- Regular inspection of carbon dioxide cylinders within the validity
- Maintenance of mobile fire extinguishing equipment.
Mobile fire extinguishers are mainly included hand-carried carbon dioxide fire extinguishers, boat – type carbon dioxide fire extinguishers, dry powder fire extinguishers, foam fire extinguishers, and so on. Check the full coverage of such equipment at least once a month and keep a good record. Mainly check whether the appearance of the bottle body is seriously corroded, whether the pressure is full, whether the rubber tube is aging or cracking, whether there is a regular annual inspection, etc.
- Maintenance of water fire extinguishing system.
The water fire extinguishing system mainly checks whether the fire pump and emergency fire pump can work normally and whether the working pressure of the fire pump can meet the horizontal distance of the water from any two places of the ship not less than 25 m.
- Maintenance of other auxiliary equipment.
Before the release of the fixed carbon dioxide system, cut off the fuel and oil lines, shut down the fan, close all watertight doors, Windows, hatches, and ventilation holes in the engine room to ensure the effectiveness of the carbon dioxide fire extinguishing system. Also, the following equipment shall be checked: check the fuel quick closing valve, focus on checking whether the working pressure of the fuel quick closing valve is effective value, must be responsible for daily inspection; The emergency stop device of the fan and oil pump shall be tested during the shutdown period of the ship to ensure the normal and effective operation. A special person shall be responsible for the test at least once a month. All watertight doors, Windows hatches, and ventilation holes have flexible handles and can be closed normally. Special personnel shall be responsible for checking at least once a month.